Terms & conditions
1. The property known as Gîte de Figarol (the Property) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mr. Bachofner or Mrs Buddelmeijer (the Owners) to the renter (the Client).
2. To reserve the property the Client should complete the booking form, and send it signed with a non-returnable deposit of 25% of the total rent due. The Owners will, following receipt of this, send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the final acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent, together with the bond (clause 5) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the holiday. If payment is not received by the due date the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the holiday is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance unless the Owners manage to re-let the Property.
4. Any chargeable expenses (e.g. telephone calls) during the rental period must be settled directly with the Owners before departure.
5. A bond of €200 per apartment for every week or part week of the rental period is required in case of damage to the property or its contents. The Owners will check the Property before the departure of the Client and refund the bond or balance due within two weeks (but in most cases immediately).
6. Subject to clause 2 and 3 above, in the event of cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange comprehensive Insurance and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are NOT covered by the Owners' insurance.
7. The rental period will start at 15:00 hrs on the day of arrival, and finish at 10:00 hrs on the last day.
8. The maximum number to reside at the Property must not exceed the number agreed in writing on the booking form. Normally this is four or five people in each apartment. Extra people will be charged at a rate agreed with the Owners.
9. The Property will be found in a clean and tidy manner on arrival of the Client, and the Client must leave it in a similar condition. The Owners reserve the right to make a deduction from the bond to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees to behave in a way which would not cause disturbance to any other people in neighbouring properties.
10. The Client shall report to the Owners without delay any defects of the Property, or any breakdown of equipment, plant or appliances in the Property or garden and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. The Owners shall NOT be liable to the Client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden. For any loss, damage, or injury which results from adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners. For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period, and in any event, the Owners shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12.This contract shall be governed by French law in every way including interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any competent jurisdiction in France.